Serves: 8 People
- Approx 2kg beef fillet
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoons whole white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
Coarsely grind the black peppercorns, white peppercorns, fennel seeds, thyme, and lavender flowers; rub mixture all over the meat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight (preferably).
Brown the roast on each side for approx 1min try not to be tempted to keep turning just leave to brown nicely on each side. Place into the oven and roast.
When the roast is cooked to your liking, take it out and let the meat rest. Slice thickly and pour the pan juices over the meat. Meat best cooked medium rare to medium rather than well done.